The Singer 2259 entry level sewing machine includes many features usually seen on more expensive models. Priced reasonably, it allows beginners to get started for less.
There are 19 built-in stitches and a fully automatic buttonhole maker. In addition, you also have the ability to adjust the length and width of your stitches to customize your work.
This 5 lesson video course will walk you through everything from threading your machine and winding the bobbins–to troubleshooting and maintenance. View the videos anytime or anywhere. Just don’t miss out. Sign up for your FREE course now!
If you, or one of the children in your family, are just learning to sew, this could be a good choice for a first sewing machine. The 2259 is simple to operate, with its uncomplicated features, and you’ll be up and running (sewing) in no time at all.
Simplicity of the Singer 2259 Tradition
If you are learning to sew, the Singer 2259 offers a number of advantages to make it easy for you:
- Choose stitches easily – You can easily choose the stitch or buttonhole step that you want to use, on the stitch dial. Each stitch has a little picture which helps you make the right choice easily.
- Presser feet that snap on – Not mechanical? Well, you don’t have to be mechanical to snap the presser feet into place. Unlike older models, this one does not require a screw driver!
- Pick your stitch length – Just turn the dial (numbered 0 to 4) to the length that you want, and you’re in business.
- Metal frame – The outside of this machine is made of plastic, but the inside is metal to make it sturdy and long lasting. Singer stands behind this model with a 25 year warranty.
- Feed dog system – If you’re new to sewing, this might not seem important, but the feed dog system has 4 parts that move your fabric through evenly. Otherwise you might end up with bunched up fabric and uneven sewing.
- Free arm – Part of the sewing table comes off to give you a smaller sewing area. This is so that you can sew small pieces—like children’s clothing, sleeves or cuffs, and pants’ legs.
- Easy to thread – Threading your sewing machine can be a nightmare for many beginners. The Singer 2259 Tradition is easy though, as it has arrows that show you where to place your thread, next.
- Easy speed control – This is important for beginners, so they can learn to sew correctly, while going slowly, before they opt for speed.
The Singer 2259 Tradition is an entry level sewing machine or a simple occasional use machine. It doesn’t have hundreds of stitches, a one step buttonhole maker or fancy monograms or embroidery features.
However, if you are looking for a practical, easy to use machine, that is within your budget, this one might just fit the bill. It works nicely for mending, small quilting projects and for crafts.
For safe shopping and Free Shipping, see the Singer 2259 at Amazon.
Other popular entry level sewing machines: