Use the Silhouette Portrait or Cameo
to Cut Fabric Shapes
These Silhouette Cameo videos show you how to cut fabric, using your Silhouette Cameo die cutting machine. Shapes can be used for appliques or for iron-on designs for craft projects, t-shirts and other garments.
The Cameo is just the slickest little machine, and I think it would be a great asset for a home sewing business or for someone who loves to sew for their friends and family!
Now you can sew knits that don’t look homemade!
Linda Lee, fashion designer, will show you how to handle knit fabrics so that your finished garments look spectacular! You’ll learn how to prepare your fabric, finish seams and edges, stabilize shoulders and necklines, and troubleshoot for puckering, curling, slipped stitches and more. Don’t miss out on this fun video course that will help you master working with knits. Sign up now for the Sewing Fashion Knits course with Linda….
If you have been hesitating to buy a Cameo because it sounded complicated, you need to watch these Silhouette Cameo videos. It is so easy to cut fabric into cute little shapes, and very precisely, that you will wonder why you didn’t get a Silhouette or Cameo sooner.
You will find the description of each video in the next section. Click on a link to go to that video. If you want to go straight to the videos, you can scroll down to the bottom of this page. Enjoy the Silhouette Cameo videos…
With the Silhouette Machine
- How to Cut Fabric – This video shows you how to cut fabric, using the Cameo. You’ll see how to make a cute little tie to go on a baby boy’s little outfit. It’s a really simple applique project and it would make a very nice newborn gift. How to Cut Fabric
- Printable Iron-on T-shirt Project -This video shows you how to use your printer to print a cute T-shirt motif, and then cut it out. After you have the cut-out motif, you can iron it onto a T-shirt, other clothing or a craft project or personalized home décor items. This demo uses Captain America and makes a really cute child’s T-shirt. Printable Iron-on T-shirt Project
- Using Printable Heat Transfer Material for Dark Colored Fabrics – Silhouette makes a special heat transfer material that can be printed and is designed to be ironed to dark fabrics. In this tutorial video, you’ll see how to make a striking T-shirt, using a black shirt. Using Printable Heat Transfer Material for Dark Colored Fabrics
- Project Ideas for Quilters – This video shows you some really nice ideas for quilts, whether you make large quilts or small ones for items like a table runner. They are absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, made with stunning fabrics by Moda. Instead of using Moda’s precut motifs, you can easily use the Cameo to cut out your designs. Project Ideas for Quilters
- Silhouette company demo on cutting appliques – This video was taken on the trade show floor and it is a bit jerky. However, it shows you how easy it is to cut out motifs to be appliqued, just like the ones shown in the video about projects for quilters. Instead of purchasing cut motifs, make your own with the Silhouette Cameo! Silhouette company demo on cutting appliques
Silhouette Cameo Videos Tutorials
I hope that you have enjoyed these Silhouette Cameo videos.
Consider all the cool projects that you can make, using the Silhouette or Cameo. Let your imagination run wild. This could end up being your very favorite purchase, after your sewing machine, of course.
The Silhouette Cameo is really easy to use!
Sweatshirt Jackets toKnock Your Socks Off!
Learn how to make exciting sweatshirt jackets that you wouldn’t dare work out in. In this video course, Cindy Losekamp shows you how to make sweatshirt jackets with beautiful embroidery and appliques. Turn comfortable sweatshirt fabric into great looking jackets that you can wear almost anywhere! BTW these jackets are a great addition to your crafts business and they sell well at craft shows. Watch the Silhouette Cameo videos and combine these two ideas for a best seller for your sewing business! Sign up now for this great custom sweatshirt video series…
Check out these articles that complement the Silhouette Cameo videos: