Start Your Own Business Ideas
Looking for easy ways to make money sewing from home? If you love to sew, quilt or embroider, why not turn your hobby into a small business that will give you an income while you sew?
Starting a small business is not nearly as complicated as you may think. You simply need to know the steps involved, get the word out about your business, run the business professionally and keep your customers happy.
In this video course, master quilter Eleanor Burns will teach your her signature quilting techniques and tricks on how to make your quilting projects go faster. A must if you have a quilting craft business or make lots of quilted projects as gifts for friends and family. Don’t miss out on this exciting quilting course. Sign up today for Eleanor’s fun quilting course…
Of course the best business to start for you, may be a different one, from your friend’s or your sister’s. Your choice of small business should be based on what you enjoy doing, keeping in mind how much you can spend on start-up costs.
using the skills that you already have!
The next section has some home business ideas for sewers, crafters, embroiderers and quilters. Click on the picture or the link to learn more.
For more general information about a home based business start-up, and easy ways to make money sewing, scroll down further to “Starting a Business from Home”.
Some Easy Ways to Make Money Sewing
Why Work from Home?
There are dozens of reasons that working from home could be your best choice. Here are just a few:
- Stay at home moms business – You can earn money while being at home with your children. Even if you have to hire a baby sitter to watch your children for part of the day (in your home), you will still be available to your children, if they need you.
- Extra income – You can do your share to help with expenses.
- Single mothers – If you are a single mother or you have lost your job and are having difficulty finding work, you can start your own business. Working from home eliminates the cost of day care and the guilt of leaving your children with someone else most of the day.
- Flexible hours – Since you are the boss, you can set your own hours. This doesn’t mean that you don’t have to work. It just means that, you can set hours that suit your family’s lifestyle—as long as you get your work done and are available to customers during regular, established hours.
- Legitimate home business opportunity – You control your own destiny, and the profits will be yours. Only you will determine how far you can take your new business.
- Doing what you love – What a dream! Your work is what you love to do when you play. You can use your creativity to move your business to new heights. When you love what you do, there are easy ways to make money.
- Home schooling – Not everyone has school age children, but, if you do, you have the option of home schooling them. You’ll have to be organized to make this work, but it can be done!
Learn how to make exciting sweatshirt jackets that you wouldn’t dare work out in. In this video course, Cindy Losekamp shows you how to make sweatshirt jackets with beautiful embroidery and appliques. Turn comfortable sweatshirt fabric into great looking jackets that you can wear almost anywhere! BTW these jackets are a great addition to your crafts business and they sell well at craft shows. Sign up now for this great custom sweatshirt video series…
Keys to a Successful Home Based Business Start Up
You’ll be happier and more successful if you choose the right business. Here are some things to consider:
- Choose a business that you really enjoy, one that is your passion.
- Research the business before you get started. Know exactly what is involved, what you will need to purchase, and what you need to do to get the ball rolling.
- Make a business plan – This is not a step that you can skip. You need to know exactly what your goals are, and how you will reach them. Some start-up business guides will show you how to do this. It’s really not hard. You just need to know what to include.
- Discipline and persistence – Set aside time each day to work on your project. Treat this as work, because it is. You will never achieve your dream if you don’t work on it consistently. Set small goals for each day.
- Be businesslike – If you are to be successful, you need to be serious about your business. Dress and act appropriately. Return phone calls and emails. Show others the respect that you want them to show you, in return.
Spend some time researching the businesses that you find interesting. Don’t be too anxious to decide, until you have researched the various businesses that you think would be fun. Easy ways to make money sewing will start to pop out at you. Then you’ll be sure to choose the business that is most suitable for you.
You can make travel organizers quickly and they are a popular item at craft shows or home parties. Just about anyone can use them. With pattern designer Annie Unrein’s projects and tips on finishing, you’ll have a nice selection of very marketable travel products. Sign up for Annie’s class now…