For Entry Level Sewers and Beyond
These simple sewing projects are suitable for beginners and more experienced sewers alike. You can make them for yourself or as a last minute gift for someone else.
In addition, with so many current models of sewing machines, you can easily personalize your simple projects, to take them from simple to spectacular.
Make Your Own Nursery Decor Items
Whether you are sewing for your kids or grandkids or you have a crafts sewing business, you’ll find this video series to be a great help when decorating the nursery or sewing for your business. These nursery decor items are simple sewing projects that almost anyone can complete! You’ll also learn some great techniques that you can use when making garments and other projects, as well. Get in on the fun now and sign up for Vanessa Williams’ nursery design course now…
Here are some simple sewing projects ideas to get your started:
Simple Sewing Projects Go Together Fast!
One nice thing about simple sewing projects is that they can often be completed in a short amount of time. No matter how organized you are, there will be a time when you need a gift—quickly. That’s where these ideas can help you…
- Aprons – kitchen or BBQ aprons make a nice gift that is easily personalized.
- Baby items – Make bibs, blankets, simple baby quilts, baby clothing, crib accessories for a newborn or as a holiday gift.
- Pillows – Simple to make and easily personalized
- Wall hangings – These can be easy, but they may take a little more time. Make them quilted or with appliques or embroidery.
- Tablecloths – Use fanciful fabrics or a plain fabric with appliques or embroidery.
- Placemats – quilted, appliqued or embroidered
- Hats – Use fleece or fake fur for a warm but easy to make winter hat.
- Potpourri bags – You can make a fancy potpourri holder or just a little sack made from scraps of fabric, with a little lace.
- Basket liners
An easy drawstring bag is an example of simple
sewing projects that can be personalized.
More Simple Sewing Projects to Use as Gifts
- Dog gifts – Make a dog bed, dog pillow, bed cover, coat, vest, raincoat, leg warmers, booties, backpack, travel bowl, toys or dog treats.
- Bags – Make gift bags, wine bags, totes, grocery bags or purses.
- Travel bags – to separate toiletry items, underwear, etc.
- Scrunchies – to hold pony tails in place
- Hanging tea towels – use inexpensive towels from a discount store.
- Checkbook cover
- Eyeglasses case – for glasses or sunglasses
- Stuffed animals – for kids, dogs or collectors
- Pot holders or hot mitts
- Hanging mail holder with pockets for outgoing mail
- Christmas ornaments
- Tooth fairy pillow – Make it the shape of a tooth, and include a little pocket for the tooth/money exchange.
As you can see, there are many, many simple sewing projects that you can make for yourself or to give as gifts. Use your imagination, and you’ll come up with more…
Make Travel Organizers for Gifts or Craft Business
You can make travel organizers quickly and they are a popular item at craft shows or home parties. Just about anyone can use them. With pattern designer Annie Unrein’s projects and tips on finishing, you’ll have a nice selection of very marketable travel products. Sign up for Annie’s class now…