A First Sewing Machine
The White 2037 is a good choice for your first sewing machine, but with some of its excellent features, it is not just an entry level machine.
With 37 built-in stitches, you’ll find that the White 2037, a basic sewing machine, can do everything from mending to intricate crafts!
When you are first learning to sew, it is important that you have a sewing machine that is easy to use, with good instructions and that sews fairly well.
This 5 lesson video course will walk you through everything from threading your machine and winding the bobbins–to troubleshooting and maintenance. View the videos anytime or anywhere. Just don’t miss out. Sign up for your FREE course now!
In addition, it is easier to make a purchase, if the price is budget-wise–like the White 2037!
Here are some of the reasons that you might consider this sewing machine:
- It has 37 built-in stitches – And you can easily select a stitch, using a dial.
- Built in needle threader – This feature saves lots of time—and lots of frustration!
- Drop in bobbin – If you are new to sewing, you may not fully appreciate this feature. The older machines made you get into all kinds of positions to place the bobbin into its correct place.
- Sturdy construction – The 2037 White sewing machine is built of die cast aluminum and is more durable than many of the newer machines that are made of plastic.
- Economically priced – Priced under $200, the White 2037 provides good value for a beginner sewing machine with more features than many others in its class.
- Free arm – This feature makes it easy to sew cuffs, pant legs and sleeves.
- Etched needle plate – Helps you position your fabric so that you sew perfectly straight seams.
- Instant reverse – Ties off your seams. If you read the section on mini sewing machines , you’ll see that this is a feature not included in many of the smaller machines. If your seam is not tied off, the stitches can be loose or they can unravel.
- Instructional video – This makes learning on this machine a whole lot easier!
A Possible Negative
Sewing machines for beginners or children should be very easy to use and almost sew by themselves. There was only one feature on the White 2037 that I felt was not good for a beginner.
The buttonholer is a 4 step buttonholer – This may seem insignificant if you don’t plan to make buttonholers or if you have never done them before. A beginning sewer should have an automatic 1 step buttonholer. A 4 step buttonholer can be frustrating and you may find it difficult to get consistent results!
As you can see, the White 2037 model is a nice sewing machine for the money. It’s one you might want to keep on your list of machines to consider, if you are looking for your first sewing machine or a nice machine to do mending and crafts!
Buying plus size clothing that fits well and is comfortable and is flattering can be a challenge. The good news is that this Plus Size video course will show you how to make clothing that flatters you and is stylish. The instructor, Barbara Deckert, is a skilled custom dressmaker and a large woman herself. Barbara teaches this video course with humor and compassion, and she’ll help you dress fashionably and with greater confidence. Sign up now for this excellent video course on making plus size clothing…
Here are some more popular entry level sewing machines: