Beginner Free Motion Quilting Videos to Get You Started
Beginner free motion quilting videos will walk you through the steps necessary for doing some free motion quilting on your sewing projects.
While stitching your quilts free hand may seem intimidating to you, I think you’ll find that, with a little practice, you will soon be enjoying this activity.
Leah Day, with her laid back no-stress style of teaching, will have you free motion quilting (with no fear) in no time at all. She even includes dozens of free motion designs to use in your projects. You’ll learn independent, stacking, pivoting, echoing and branching stitches and how to use them in your creative projects. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn free motion quilting now…
In fact, many people find free hand stitching to be relaxing and a wonderful creative outlet.
Beginner Free Motion Quilting Basics
- Controlling Your Speed – Knowing what your sewing machine can do and practicing using varying speeds is important, because it will help you have better control over your stitching. Controlling Your Speed
- Getting Started – In this video,you’ll learn how to get set up to do free motion quilting. You’ll learn which presser feet are used, how to adjust the tension on your sewing machine for free hand quilting, and how to spray baste your quilt, easily. Getting Started
- Spray Basting and Trimming Your Quilt – This video goes into more details about spray basting your quilt and what you can expect from the various sprays on the market. You’ll also get some tips on trimming your quilt and why you should do this. Spray Basting and Trimming Your Quilt
- Start Quilting – This video will go through the steps required to get started quilting, avoid arm and shoulder fatigue, and control your stitch length.You’ll also learn how to do a stippling stitch, a loop d loop stitch, do hearts and loop d loop flowers. After this video, you’ll be anxious to go practice some of these patterns! Start Quilting
- Tips for Successful Beginner Free Motion Quilting – This video gives you tips for successful stitching and tells you how to avoid some of the common issues that you may encounter when free hand quilting with a home sewing machine. Tips for Successful Free Motion Sewing
Beginner Free Motion Quilting Videos
Free motion quilting is really a lot of fun. If you take the time to get set up properly and then to practice on some scrap fabrics, you will be successful and finishing your own quilts, in no time at all!
In addition to these beginner free motion quilting videos, you may enjoy these videos, as well:
Here are some more quilting articles:
This video course by Patsy Thompson is for quilters who have some experience. Patsy will share her signature hyperquilting technique and show you how to incorporate trapunto into your projects. This excellent video course will definitely take your quilting to another level and you will be producing outstanding and very creative projects that are out of this world beautiful! Sign up for Patsy’s free motion quilting course now…