Reliable Entry Level Sewing Machine
The Singer 3323S Talent is a pretty little sewing machine that is solidly built and has features that make it perfect for children or for adults who are beginners. The machine offers 23 stitch patterns and a one-step buttonhole, unusual for models in this price range.
You can choose stitches easily and adjust the length and width quickly. And the unit even has an automatic needle threader.
The Singer 3323S Talent is a mechanical sewing machine that is perfect for an entry level sewer, whether a child or an adult. That means that it is simple to operate and its parts are less likely to suffer from beginner abuse. There just isn’t much to go wrong.
This 5 lesson video course will walk you through everything from threading your machine and winding the bobbins–to troubleshooting and maintenance. View the videos anytime or anywhere. Just don’t miss out. Sign up for your FREE course now!
Weighing just 13 pounds, you can take this machine anywhere, and even children will find it easy to carry to classes.
Singer 3323s Talent as a First Sewing Machine
While this model is best suited for the entry level sewer, the Singer 3323S Talent does have some features that are attractive for the occasional sewer or a person who does simple projects or crafts. Here are some of the features you’ll find:
- 23 stitches – Most beginners only use a few basic stitches, so this assortment gives you room to grow and to get a little fancier.
- One step buttonholer – This may not seem like a big deal, but four step buttonholers can be a pain in the neck–they make it more difficult to get stitches lined up perfectly and evenly. And beginners certainly don’t need the extra aggravation.
- Extra presser feet – In addition to the general all-purpose foot, you also get a buttonhole foot, a button foot (for sewing on buttons), and a zipper foot. These are pretty basic, but, if you had to purchase them separately, they could cost almost as much as the machine itself! (Many higher priced models do not include them.)
- Vinyl cover – The cover keeps your sewing machine dust free. If you plan to take your machine with you to classes or on vacation, you might want to consider a carrying case like this one (Amazon).
- Presser foot adjustments – On the 3323S the presser foot adjusts automatically for thinner or thicker layers of fabrics. On some machines, you have to do this manually. The 3323 also has the ability to handle a number of layers, which is a nice feature (i.e. curtains or draperies).
- Side cutter – This is an attachment (optional, not necessary) that is mounted to the machine. It cuts the seam as you sew a zig zag stitch, and you get a finished seam that is similar to that made by a serger. However, this is a two-step process, as you must sew the seam separately (A serger does everything at once—one step). It’s a little more work, but you do get a nice finished seam. Most machines at this cost level, do not have this feature.
To learn more about the Singer 3323s Talent sewing machine or to purchase one with Free Shipping, go to Amazon.
These sewing machines are also for beginners: