A Mechanical Sewing Machine that is Light and Portable
The Brother LS2125I is a lightweight, 10 stitch sewing machine, that has great portability and is simple to use.
If you are looking for a Brother sewing machine to toss into the car, take to the college dorm, or pull out only when you need it, the LS2125I is an excellent choice.
This 5 lesson video course will walk you through everything from threading your machine and winding the bobbins–to troubleshooting and maintenance. View the videos anytime or anywhere. Just don’t miss out. Sign up for your FREE course now!
This sewing machine is so attractively priced that you can teach your kids or grandkids to sew with the Brother LS 2125I for less than the cost of many toys!
Ten stitches and mechanical functions make this a great machine for keeping around as a backup.
Light crafting, home décor, and tailoring/alterations are a breeze, and the LS2125I is sized just right to tuck back into the closet when you’re done sewing.
Portability is easy-peasy with this lightweight machine’s measurements, so don’t be afraid to take it to your classes or sewing parties.
The Brother LS2125I has 10 Stitch Sewing Machine Simplicity
The Brother LS 2125I has a robust set of basic functions to get you started on simple projects, tailoring, and alterations.
- Utility stitches including straight, zigzag, and stretch
- Automatic 4-step buttonhole with specialty presser foot
- Converts to free-arm for hemming and sleeves
- Preset stitch length and width
- Adjustable thread tension
This Brother sewing machine isn’t computerized, which makes it ideal for beginners and kids to experiment—and you don’t have to worry about your child’s harming the computerized functions on a pricier machine.
Portability a Plus
But a Lightweight for Frequent Use
The LS2125I isn’t a “sew-and-go” machine, for the most part. It’s a mechanical machine, so it must be cared for like a mechanical machine.
The user guide and online support make it easy for you to learn how to oil your sewing machine, for weekly maintenance.
However, if you have had any experience with maintaining sewing machines, you’ll know that periodic servicing of this machine will cost about as much as the machine itself.
Brother sewing machines like the LS 2125I, that are intended for light duty or occasional use, are notorious for being temperamental.
If you want the best performance out of this machine, it’s worth putting in the time to develop good sewing habits.
- Use the proper needle for the fabric you are sewing, and make sure you start each new project with a fresh needle.
- Use the correct bobbin type for the case–while the machine accepts standard S-type bobbins, some users seem to have better luck with the Brother brand bobbins–your mileage may vary.
- Don’t skimp on thread! Use good-quality thread, and use the same type of thread through both needle and bobbin.
- To ease your frustrations with the LS2125I’s sensitive thread tension, be prepared to sew some seams on scrap fabric until you find the right thread tension. Don’t experiment on your project!
The Brother LS2125I
Good For A 10 Year-Old Or a 10-Year Veteran
The Brother LS2125I might be a little temperamental, but sometimes a temperamental machine makes the best teacher of good sewing habits.
If you’re more experienced, it’s hard to beat a price that clears the way for you to have a solid backup or a spare sewing machine!
Check out these mechanical sewing machines: