25 Stitches and Free Arm
The Brother LS2125, 25 stitch function free arm sewing machine is another entry in the line of Brother sewing machines, created for the beginner or casual sewing market.
With its modest price and simple set of functions, the Brother LS 2125 is a good candidate for a beginner’s sewing machine.
This 5 lesson video course will walk you through everything from threading your machine and winding the bobbins–to troubleshooting and maintenance. View the videos anytime or anywhere. Just don’t miss out. Sign up for your FREE course now!
The LS 2125 has all the basic stitches and functions you need to teach your children or grandchildren to sew, without the hefty price tag that says “children don’t touch.” Brother sewing machines at this price point are great choices for basic sewing…
Uses for the Brother LS2125
This is a light duty sewing machine, and here are some of its best uses:
- Use this 25 stitch function sewing machine for crafting and light home décor sewing needs.
- The LS-2125 converts to free arm use, making it ideal for hemming and light tailoring
- Take this sewing machine to college, sewing classes, or quilting parties
- Keep this machine around as a spare or light-duty backup sewing machine
A Free Arm and 25 Stitch Functions
The Brother LS2125 is a basic sewing machine that has a lot of attractive features for a beginning stitcher. Here are the best:
- Manual stitch selector, thread length and width, and thread tension dials give you flexibility at your fingertips.
- Built-in automatic 4-step buttonholer, buttonhole foot, and button foot save you time and make light tailoring or alterations easier
- A solid build keeps this machine from “traveling” when sewing at high speeds, yet the dimensions make for easy storage.
Brother LS2125 is a Value-Priced Sewing Machine
The Brother LS2125 is not the same Brother sewing machine you’d find in a sewing machine dealer. These budget-priced mechanical sewing machines, made for budget department stores like Walmart and Target, contain plastic parts.
They’re not intended for heavy-duty use. The Brother LS2125 can handle hemming a few pairs of jeans or a canvas chair cover, but long term heavy use will wear it down.
Low end Brother sewing machines like the Brother LS 2125 are known to be temperamental.
You will have a better experience with this machine if you take the time to know your machine’s quirks:
- Make sure to use the right size needle for your fabric
- Use quality thread and the right style of bobbin
- Test-stitch on scrap fabric and adjust your thread and bobbin tension to avoid thread snarls or loose/pulled stitches
Like all mechanical sewing machines, the Brother LS2125 needs regular servicing to keep its parts in working order. Your local dealer can usually provide you with this, but you might find yourself paying almost as much as you paid for the machine itself.
However, having your machine serviced regularly will extend the life of this sewing machine and help you get your money’s worth in the long run.
Brother LS2125 – Just the Basics
The Brother LS2125, 25 stitch function free arm sewing machine is a good machine for teaching yourself to sew.
It’s priced low enough that you can get started sewing without a huge investment. But this is not a care-free sewing machine, so if you are looking for a sewing machine for heavy use , there are better choices out there.
You can purchase the Brother LS 2125 at Amazon.
Some more mechanical sewing machines: